Wednesday, November 17, 2010

#14 Get glamour shots

Does this sound narcissistic? Let me explain. When I was younger we lived next door to an older lady. She was close to 70 at the time. Always a sharp dresser with a love for color. One day she lost her cat Marmalade and I went next door to help her look. Turns out Marmalade was asleep under the couch.

While there, I saw this painting of a woman hanging in the living room. She was beautiful like one of those old movie stars. It was a painting of my neighbor in her 20s. Like most youth I never considered the older generation used to young too. Youth is fleeting. It's a fact of life. But that painting of her captures her youth, proof to the young that she wasn't always wrinkles and lines and elderly ailments.

I want to capture myself at this moment in my life. Maybe as proof to future youth that I was young once, but also as a reminder to myself.

Last Friday I was at a charity event where there was a silent auction. I put my bids on a few items. Today I got an email from the organizer that I won an one hour photo session with a professional photographer. It's far from the glamour shot in mind but close. But I was also thinking of getting either giving the session to my parents - I don't think they have gone to a photo studio since we were kids. Or if my parents aren't interested I was thinking of doing a photo session with a few of my best girlfriends. Two of my friends are getting married next year, and all of them have been talking about children. It might be nice to get a photo session as single gals one last time. First, I will ask my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment