Sunday, July 24, 2011

27. Donate blood

I made an appointment for yesterday to make my first blood donation. This might not be a big deal for everyone else but for it is. Firstly because I hate needles and secondly because I have fainted a couple times before that makes people think this would not go well.

Well I passed all the tests and actually made it to the donation. I even made it past the needle and filled the little pack they use for testing. Then my blood stopped. Is that even possible? Yes it is. We never did find out what's wrong but some theories were that my vein collapsed or that my machine was faulty.

Also, I was felt a little light headed and was immediately swarmed by nurses, cold packs, and a fan. Very embarrassing in a room full of people.

Anyway, major fail on donation and now I have to wait another 56 days before I could donate. My friend who came with me is amazed that I want to try again. Truthfully, I don't know how much fun that would be but I should give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment