Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why do you like him?

Last year, I went to visit Sis and Bil. Bil had a friend just back from San Francisco for the weekend so we all met up for brunch. It felt like a setup but impossible because my visit was quite spontaneous and he's only here for the weekend.

Apparently I made an impression with him because he asked Bil for my email and number. He said he realized time is a bit weird since he's in San Fran for the year. Anyway we've been emailing and talking for a few weeks now.

My friends asked me why I like him? I have to admit they have a point. We've only met once and we can't even date with him being so far away. Chemistry? A little. The fact he's a lawyer? A little. Yes call me shallow. I need to be someone I can respect and that's someone who is good at what they do and well respected.

I thought hard about this and realized the biggest point in his favor - Sis and Bil really like him. They seem to really want us together. When I was young I would say I'd never let family get in the way of who I'm with. But these days, it really seem to matter to me. Strangely, I really wanted something simple and uncomplicated for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment