Friday, January 7, 2011

What could be...

There was this guy I liked at work. We didn't socialize in the same circles, and he was in a much more senior position. In a word, I didn't think he knew I exist. This was fine. Especially since I found out he was married. He moved companies a year ago, and life went on as usual.

Circumstances brought us together a few weeks ago and we chatted. I got the feeling he enjoyed my company and I thought he was flirting a little. But I reminded myself he's married and that I was probably imagining things. It was enough that he clearly enjoyed my company.

I heard that he talked about me and thought I was just as he remembered me (so he did know I exist). My friend also said that from the way he talked about me, he definitely would be interested if he were single.

Even though nothing will come of all of this. Married men are strictly off limits, and married men who are interested in other women are not worth the trouble. I still feel good that we could have been if we had met earlier. Bad timing...story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment