Friday, April 8, 2011

I deserve special

How is a girl like you still single? I get asked that a lot. So much so that I'm beginning to ask myself that. This leads to other questions like: maybe my standards are too high, am I too judgmental, is there something wrong with me?

I'm all for a little self reflection and personal growth. However, be careful. I mistook my self-doubt for self reflection. It only led to staying with Mr. Wrongs longer than I should and being miserable during that time.

Last week after breaking up with the latest Mr. Wrong(but oh so amazing on paper), I felt happier than I've been in awhile. I came home Friday night after a week of living the single life, relaxing in my condo alone, I realized that I like my life. I make a good living, own my home, have caring family and friends, and lead an active life ( I do what I want when I want). For me to let someone into this life, he has to be worth it. I deserve someone special.

That's going to be my mantra. I deserve someone special. Other fab ladies are saying the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment