Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thrift store find

I mentioned that a friend of mine has started collecting vintage Pyrex. As a result of hanging out with her, I've visited more Value villages and Salvation armies than I usually do.

Yesterday, I went by the Value Village to donate some stuff I decluttered out of my closet, and thought I drop in for a look. And I found the perfect chair for my place.


I've been looking for a chair like this and they range in price from $100 to $300. Also, the ones I see are a little bit big for my place. The one I found at the thrift store is smaller, just the size I'm looking for. It's good as an accent chair for the living room, or as a chair in my bedroom. The fabric is a little old fashioned, but I thought I use this as a chance to learn to make slip covers. Maybe I will do a before and after post. However, since I've never sewn anything before, this will require some time for research.

Oh, and the chair only cost me $11! It's such a rush finding the perfect piece for such a low price.

No comments:

Post a Comment